Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE Profile dishwasher that is locked. The heated…

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE Profile dishwasher that is locked. The heated dry button is lit. We tried to hold it for 5 seconds to unlock it but it didn't work.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's probably 8 or 9 years old. PDW7880N20SS is the model number written inside

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm not sure what that means. If you can walk me through something I'll try it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can give you the serial number if that helps.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your Ge dishwasher. Have you tried turning the circuit breaker of for 10 minutes. This may release unit as the door lock is directly connected to the control board.