Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bravos X top loading washer. Its making a loud

Customer Question
I have a Bravos...

I have a Bravos X top loading washer. Its making a loud whirring noise when it goes into the spin cycle. It sounds like it needs oil or lubricant. Is there a way to check?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its about 11 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends. I'm pretty handy. How complicated is it?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The noise started about a month ago.....I might have run it 20 times since noticing it. Otherwise....its still working

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thanks.
No Thank you.

No problem but I'm afraid I don't have great news for you. There is no lubrication that can be done to this model. If it's really loud during the spin cycle, it means that your main bearing and seal has failed and needs to be replaced. Now these Bravos units are actually made by Whirlpool because Maytag was bought out by Whirlpool in 2006. Either way, I mention that because below is a video on the parts you would need as well as showing you how to replace the parts if you wanted to do it yourself. If you hired someone, it would usually be around $350 to do the repair.

CLICK HERE for bearing video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.