Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer door won't open. I have a French door model with…

My freezer door won't...

My freezer door won't open. I have a French door model with bottom door freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

The settings are fine. I'll have to find the make and model. It hasn't been making ice so I changed the filter today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The bottom drawer in the fridge freezes things in the back left corner sometimes which is right above the ice maker.

3/7/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. More then likely you have ice built up on the back of the door or around the trim. You can unplug the unit to melt the ice or try using a blow dryer to melt it quicker.

How can I use a blow dryer when I can’t open the door?

try warming up around the seal of the door

you can also try using a heater if that is easier.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman