Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool 90cm freestanding oven which I purchased…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool 90cm freestanding oven which I purchased from Harvey Norman Bro***** ***** in February 2013 & several days ago while cooking a meal in a Chasseur as a slow cooker for 5hrs @ 160c it was checked after 1.5 hrs & the oven safe handle on the lid had melted & fallen off & the food burnt. This cooker is able to be used at temps up to 220c & has done previously without any problem. When discussing this with family it was realised that food had burnt several times in the past few months but was put down to cook error. I now find that the product protection policy expired on 24-02-2018 (Murphies Law at work??). My question is " has this problem occured previously & if so what is the solution ? Your help will be greatly appeciated. Thank you. Gary Ferguson. My ph.(###) ###-#### Email***@******.***. Thanks again.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased on 25-02-2013. Product code ACG9021X. Batch code 11226385. 90cm f/standing oven. Hope this helps.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will have work done by local tradesman if that is ok?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fan seems to vibrate & is noisy.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The only thing that would cause this to happen is if your oven was overheating which could indicate possibly a bad thermostat probe or even a bad element. For instance if only the broil element is heating it will get hot on top and the one element is focusing on trying to keep the whole unit heated up to the point its over heating up top and burning / melting things inside.

.

Are you able to see my reply?