Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to install a kitchenaide downdraft vent in an…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install a kitchenaide downdraft vent in an island for a range. It is model kxd4630yss. Issue is the manual says it reverses but only the fan reverses and not the motor that drives the up/down of vent.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today. Reversed the fan section as directed. now left with motor drive and gears

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I have a contractor doing the installation. Embarrassed to say I am an engineer and actually paired these 2 kitchenaide products together.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The quartz countertop is already cut for slide-in range and downdraft vent. the kitchenaide range is ksdb900ess

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have a video for you it is approximately 18 minutes long. If you have trouble after viewing the Video I am still here to help you. Thank youhttps://www.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/1661131/uiconf_id/24888851/entry_id/1_4gxjzdp3/embed/iframe?