Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge dryer wont start the light is on but wont start. Model…

Customer Question
Hi Greetings. my ge...

Hi Greetings. my ge dryer wont start the light is on but wont start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model GHDP49EFOWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Was working great just stopped no sound no sign no flicker

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Well for that issue either the belt has broken or the high limit on the heater has burned out. If you remove the top of the unit you can see if the belt is still on the middle of the drum tight if it is you may have to remove the drum to get to the thermostat to check it. Here is a link to that thermostat and video to help.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.