Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We came home from vacation to find that water was leaking on…

We came home from...

We came home from vacation to find that water was leaking on the floor and the bottom of the freezer had a 1/2 inch of ice.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

PFSF2MIYF WW Model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

MODELTV313627 CHANGED THE WATER CARTRIDGE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's the problem. Worked perfectly since 2011.

3/6/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician