Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a model WTW4900BWO washer. When you turn it on the…

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model WTW4900BWO washer. When you turn it on the lid locks and it will begin to spin then stop. The green light and red light both flash until you press the start button. Then the red light will flash for 3 to 5 minutes and the lid unlocks. I have replaced the splotch but that did not help.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool model WTW4900BWO , 6 or 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When it stopped working it drained the tub but would not spin out

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Have you tried rebooting the electronic control board by unplugging the washer for 5 minutes then plug it back in and see if it still does the same thing?

If not let`s do that at this time,.

.

I have done that also.

when the unit is doing this ((Then the red light will flash for 3 to 5 minutes and the lid unlocks)) is the washer doing anything at all ?

My wife has called a appliance repairman. I'll just let him have at it . Thanks anyway

ok no problem !