Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave does not heat. Has power and turntable functions.

Microwave does not heat...

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

It’s installed over the stove and I don’t have access to the plug.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s something simple. It’s only 2 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so.

3/6/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often the microwave problem is due to a bad door switch. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start or can start and run, but not heat. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will be allowed to start up and run, but will not heat. You would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician