Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Shorted keypad or selector switch. One day, fault code F 11.

Customer Question
Shorted keypad or selector...

Shorted keypad or selector switch

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One day , fault code F 11

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope so

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Reset twice but error message returns. Next check/reseat ribbon harness connections.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

@6 yrs. no previous failure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the make and model of the unit?

Gives phone #for sears repair inside door. Otherwise unmarked
Paid $28 already. Is phone an additional $24 ?

What is the unit an oven, refrigerator, dryer? Also yes a phone call is $24 more so you can stay typing here for just the 28 dollars.

28 already sent

Yes I know that, but still I need to know what appliance we are dealing with and a model and make? I do not know what the appliance even is you have?

Removing cover for eoc

OK the model is located on the frame edge when you pull the drawer open see what it is please so I can get you accurate information on the code for your unit.

Only number found

If it was made by Kenmore on the tag there should be a number that would have 3 digits then a dot then about 8 more.....like this.....665.82379909

Searching. Would. A photo help ?

A little, but without the model number you can not order a part to fix it.

Tested connections . Plugged it back in. Still get F 11 message

You will likely need a new clock control for the oven or new keypad if it is separate on your model, not all of them are separate. Normally though the F11 code would be a bad clock control on the unit. You may be able to get a part number right off the part if you can not find the model, that would be your best bet.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Numbers on back of eoc

Yes often they put the part number on it

Still looking for numbers

You should be able to find the model tag when you open the door or drawer on the frame edge look alll around it.

Good expert but no numbers on unit. Waste of $

If you can not find any numbers on the unit I am not sure you will be able to get any parts for it.