Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidare stove FE686W-1 The convection fan works…

I have a Frigidare...

I have a Frigidare stove FE686W-1 The convection fan works but will not heat up.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The stove is 20 years old The exact model is Fe686w-1 the stove heats up but will not work using the convection control.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what it is going to take to fix it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No to summerize. the stove works when attempt is made to use the convection the fan comes on but the element does not.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you remove the back panel inside the oven so you can see the fan, is there a round element around the fan? If so, you need to test continuity through that element (unplug the oven and remove the element). If the element has no continuity replace it. If the element has continuity, or there is no element around the fan, your display control board has a bad relay or logic issue with the display board so the display board would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc