Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

New Kitchenaid dishwasher was delivered. We are unpacking it…

Customer Question
New Kitchenaid dishwasher was...

New Kitchenaid dishwasher was delivered. We are unpacking it to install and the dishwasher dook is locked. We cannot get at the instructions or installation parts that are inside.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model KDTM354ESS Brand new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The door doesn't lock shut on this model. You just grab the handle and pull forward hard and it'll pull open. You may need someone to grab the back of the tub since the dishwasher isn't mounted in place and you need to pull hard the first time to open the door.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I will wait But it is locked. We cannot simply pull it open.

You can. Again the dishwasher doesn't have a lock to lock the door. The door doesn't lock shut on this model. You just grab the handle and pull forward hard and it'll pull open. You may need someone to grab the back of the tub since the dishwasher isn't mounted in place and you need to pull hard the first time to open the door.

We will try plugging it is to see if it releases.

No need to plug in. Again, this dishwasher does not have an electronic or mechanical lock whatsoever. It has a spring based tension latch which when you pull on the door hard, it unlocks. The dishwasher is brand new so you just have to pull really hard.