Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a washer wtw4950xw which is not draining. it stopped…

I have a washer...

I have a washer wtw4950xw which is not draining. it stopped on my wife. If you turn it on you just hear an electrical tapping or hum. nothing happens.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool wtw4950xw

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

3/6/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Typically this issue means that your drain pump is just jammed but it's possible it could have failed and may need to be replaced. You'll have to tip the washer backwards or forwards to access the drain pump underneath but first you need to remove as much water as you can with a wet vac or using a cup and towels. Remove the pump and check for a blockage. If you find nothing then replace the pump--otherwise remove the debris and try again. Below is a link to the drain pump for your model number.

CLICK HERE for drain pump

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

hello thank you for your help it is 5 star

No problem. If you need anything else, just let me know. There is a video at the bottom of the link I gave you as well which shows you how to replace the part or remove the pump to check for a blockage.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc