Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have had my panasonic microwave for about 3 years.

Customer Question
Thank you. I...

Thank you. I have had my panasonic microwave for about 3 years. Possibly that is the life...don't know. My question.......when I turn it on for whatever purpose, heating, defrosting, whatever, it runs for about 10 seconds and then shuts off. The clock still works but the microwave will not run for longer than about 10 seconds. Is it fried? It is probably cheaper to buy a new one than get a technician in. But it is only 3 years old and since I live alone, I am the only one that uses it which is not very often to be totally honest. Thinking I have a lemon with panasonic. Any suggestions? LIke a new microwave or a discount on a new one?

Contractor's Assistant: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.

How much do I pay and how do i pay?

Contractor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Not very good answer.....I am not going to spend up to $100.00 to find out my microwave is shot......could you be more specific......

Contractor's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Panasonic microwave

Contractor's Assistant: What Panasonic product do you have?

Microwave

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

I have read through the manual looking for trouble shooting but my problem is not listed there. I am not sure what else to do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No....just what I have said....it starts,,,,runs for about 10 seconds and then shuts off.......started about 2 days ago.......like I said it is 3 years old and nowadays doesn't seem like anything is made to last.....

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, I see you're asking how much this question costs and that was on a screen before it came to me. I'm not sure if you got it or not but I can not see what the site quoted you. I can tell you that it's typically between $30-40. Would you like to continue?

I paid $5.00 by credit card as per information from assistant

OK so to be clear you would like to continue? Again the question is typically between $30-40 and the $5 good faith deposit goes towards that cost.

No thanks. I don’t want to spend $30 or more I can use that money to buy a new microwave and not Panasonic.

alright, good luck