Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a ariston arwxf129wna washing machine and the dial…

We have a ariston...

We have a ariston arwxf129wna washing machine and the dial would not change cycles the dial also seemed loose

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started this year when we used the motorhome

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ill try i have the module out now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am wondering if the problem is in the cycle dial

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the cycle isnt changing when you turn the dial then its going to be the control knob thats snapped on the shaft here.

What you need to do is remove the front control panel from the plastic console and there you will see the control dial.

You can remove this just by pulling it off.

Once off look at the shaft on the dial and you will see this has split here.

What you can do to try and repair get a small zip tie and wrapped it around the shaft and pull it tight and then cut the end off.

Then refit the control dial and this usually does the trick and works just fine.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician