Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch Maxx 8 Tumble dryer is showing Error Code E36 and…

Customer Question
My Bosch Maxx 8...

My Bosch Maxx 8 Tumble dryer is showing Error Code E36 and wont start. What could be the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 3 years old and its WTB86300GB/03

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Potentially - depending whats wrong with it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was giving off an alarm sound when the error message was showing. the tumble dryer is in the garage so not sure if it was affected by the recent freezing temeratures

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

That E:36 error means there is a problem with the door switch. Are you able to perform some disassembly to inspect the switch and the control unit?

My partner can do this when he’s home at the weekend ..

Excellent! If all looks good (wiring, control board), then the door lock will need to be replaced.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!