Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to replace water inlet valve on a whilrpool

Trying to replace water...

Trying to replace water inlet valve on a whilrpool washer/dryer, model LTE5243DQ0, how do I get to it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3-5 yrs??? Purchased used in 2015. LTE5243DQ0/MF0603958

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, don't think so. Have removed water lines, drain line, unplugged and have removed screws on back of unit, but don't have a clue where to go from here. Husband just said Serial # is CF0535736, MFG is(###) ###-####

3/6/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Ok to gain access to the water inlet valve you have to remove the inlet hoses from the rear of the unit .

Then remove the angled panel between the dryer and the washer (two screws) then on the top rear of the washer top you have two hinges remove the screws for the hinges and slide the top washer panel forward and raise it up you will need to disconnect the washer lid switch harness the remove the top and set it aside.

Then on the left rear corner INSIDE the unit on the rear wall of the washer is the water inlet valve .

You will have a hose remove the outlet hose from the valve reach over the washer and on the rear washer wall you will have two 5/16 screws holding the water valve to the washer cabinet . and pull the valve from the rear wall and then you have two wire harnesses on the valve remember which harness goes to which solenoid , remove the old valve and then just reverse everything to install the new valve.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Master Tech
Was able to fix problem, although the instruction were not specific to our model. I was able to to figure out what I needed to know with the information given me.