Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bravos MCT washer will not do anything other than drain.

My Bravos MCT washer...

My Bravos MCT washer will not do anything other than drain. No lights on the control panel, just hearing the drain pump.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It looks relatively new. I will get the model number. Model number mvwx655dw1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just purchase the home and this machine was here. Many people on-line complain that the unit does not clean very well. I am almost ready to scrap and purchase a different unit.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I'm here

Sorry just typing your answer still.

This error you're experiencing means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough so it went into flood mode. If it takes the washer longer than 6 minutes to fill up with water it'll constantly drain and the panel will stop working which can be caused by a few things. The good news is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tub isn't overloaded and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks 5 star. I will do the 30 minutes flood mode and if that's it, I'll be so grateful. Thanks Tyler.

No problem and I'm glad I could help!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc