Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Mayttag washer. I read something in pinterest

Hi-I am Linda Velarde...

Hi-I am Linda Velarde and we have a Mayttag washer. I read something in pinterest about a pump-filter that needs to ge cleaned out maybe monthly. Where is that on my washer? It seems our washer has a smell all the time, even after I put one of those tablets in and run the clean cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is ALY3510 291 120 120 60, also another number is ***** Type199-M-3, Maytag 9000 Series, white steam.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

In the front of the machine, there is a separate panel below the door. See number 5 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Remove the screws from the bottom of that panel and it will come off. Once off, the pump is right in the front. The filter will unscrew and come out for cleaning. See number 11 at the link below!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly-Your help was greatly appreciated and took care of our problem!! We will be glad to use this service anytime we have any further problems. Thanks so much for the expertise!!!!!

Thank you so much!