Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had a power outage and my Samsung French door fridge is…

I had a power...

I had a power outage and my Samsung French door fridge is flashing 1E. This has happened before and I know you press 2 buttons together but can't remember which. This fridge does not have awaterdispenser on the door so the flashing display is inside on the top.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

RFG293HAPB/XAA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/4/2018
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Try doing this and tell me what happens

PRESS and HOLD the ENERGY SAVER button and the LIGHTING button at the same time for 10 – 15 seconds.

There is no Lighting button on the inside buttons - I don’t have the outside wAter dispenser that apparently has that option. My choices are ice off, power freeze, freezer, fridge, power cool and e saver.
I’d rather email

what is the model number?

RFG293HAPB/XAA Samsung

I will have to opt out of this question. I do not have to needed info for you in my database.

Some one will pick up your question and hopefully get you the info to get it reset.

I 1E code means the power has failed and should be just a matter of finding out the correct pads to press on your control.

I will continue to look and come back if no one has helped you out.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

please - I need to know the 2 buttons to press to stop the flashing after a power outage

what are the two top buttons on your unit? The one on the left and one on the right? I believe it should be power freeze and e saver try holding those two for 5 seconds.

Nope - didn’t work. The buttons left to right are ice off, power freeze, freezer, fridge, power cool, and e saver

ok press the two top buttons what ever button is top left and button top right at the same time for 5 seconds please.

Power cool and power freeze did the trick. Thanks!!

I am certainly glad to hear it. Have a good day.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman