Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The dishwasher was acting funny. First no light on control…

The dishwasher was acting...

The dishwasher was acting funny. First no light on control panel, and it would try to drain, but it was empty. So I gave it some water it drain it and went off. But still no lights and it won't run. Finally once while pressing Start I got three flashes of lights from three different lights at the same time. They were HI TEMP WASH, HEATED DRY, and CONTROL LOCK. Now that has even stopped. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

MDB7749

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

MDB7749SAB0

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will try to do the work myself. The other thing was I thought Control Lock was on, so I held it for 3 Seconds. But I do not know if I got a good response or not.

3/3/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

So right now when you press any buttons you get no lights at all is that correct?

And if you do not get any lights ,, Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK

ok you will need to open the dishwasher door and separate the inner door from the control panel .

And test the incoming voltage to the electronic control board on the P4 -1 white wire to the P4-2 Blackwire looking for 120 volts a/c.

If you do have the 120 VAC there then test the door switch for resistance on the P9-6 to the P9-5 both violet wires . when you press in on the door switch plunger you should have resistant when you let go of the plunger the resistance should go away .let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
117 VAC there, The switch works properly. When open it is infinite resistance, when close about 3 ohms.More info, I just went out there and pressed start and tried to drain. The Start Cancel button are responsive to starting and stopping this draining process

ok have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to try and reboot the electronic control board yet?

You can also turn the circuit breaker off and back on after 5 minutes.

If not lets do that at this time .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well when I took the door apart it was unplugged for over 5 minutes.It is connected again

ok so if it was powered OFF for over 5 minutes and you still have the same issue ,you have a faulty electronic control board and it will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK Thanks

No problem!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I have purchased the part and wait. I thought I had rated you, but I will. Thanks for the reminder you did a good job

Ok Great Thank you in advance.

You should see a rating box just click on it and it will open the rating in a new window for you to then rate me .

Master Tech
Master Tech
Master Tech