Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We went on a small trip and we dumped the ice before

We went on a...

We went on a small trip and we dumped the ice before leaving. while we were gone no ice was made. the bale was down. no ice the next week

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Bought in 2011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have been told the problem is usually the filter, but i have no idea where it is located

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Wife said the mdl was WRT371SZBW00

3/1/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you for your help

Not a problem and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc