Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore top load won't fill with hot water. hot water is…

Kenmore top load won't...

Kenmore top load won't fill with hot water. hot water is coming into the hose but not the tub. I replaced the water inlet valves with new part but still no hot water coming into the tub

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 years old model #79631523211

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

2/28/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

When calling for hot water ,have you tested the hot water solenoid on the new water inlet valve for 120 volts A/C ?

If not can you do that at this time?

No I am at work

ok so just reply back to me when you want to work on the washer.

I don't have the Internet at home (by choice), so I have to come into the office to use it. I was under the impression that I might get some further instructions to troubleshoot the problem. I have read up on the testing of the solenoid, but beyond that I wondered if perhaps there is another part that would prevent the hot water from passing through the water inlet valve. I didn't know that this website was going to charge me for information, especially for information that I can find on the web. I'll just do some more research and testing--as you suggested--and if that doesn't fix the problem, then I will call a repairman to come out. Thanks for your time. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

yes there is another components that controls voltage tot the hot water solenoid ,but you first need to test for voltage to the hot water solenoid to see if it is or is not getting voltage when it should be filling with hot water .

And just because the water valve is now does not mean it is good.

So If you want to continue later on just reply back when you can .

I'll let you know what I have learned. Thank you.

No problem!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

Master Tech