Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge washer GTWN5050M0WS fill light comes and it beeps but…

Ge washer GTWN5050M0WS...

Ge washer GTWN5050M0WS fill light comes and it beeps but nothing else happens when start button is pushed

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've already replaced control board

2/28/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello can you help me

do​es the door lock when you go to start a cycle? There should be an audible clicking nose and the door should not open.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Travis can you help me? My unit is a top loader. So no door lock. I have already changed the control board and jumped out the lid switch.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to send you a video of the symptoms but it didn't work. Is there any other way that I could send you the video?

I am not really sure on the process of uploading videos on the site. Either way do you have a multimeter? I since your problem is not with the lid switch assembly and the control board is new then the water inlet valve is the more then likely faulty part and will need to be tested.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a multimeter

ok so what we need to test first is the water inlet valve on the back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How should I test it
Your going to test it for continuity.
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman