Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice melts and freezes in the screw drive in the bottom…

The ice melts and...

The ice melts and freezes in the screw drive in the bottom of the bin. If you pull the ice drawer out you can see the ice underneath the ice mold which I don't think should be there

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool GI5FSAXVY02 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am a retired electrician

2/27/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

You are right there should not be ice under the ice mold. Is the water inlet valve leaking?

I don't know. How would I find out?

well does there seem to be ice built up around the water inlet valve? or on the valve itself?

where is the valve?
Okay. Could we continue this tomorrow?

ye​s we can continue tomorrow and the valve is located on the back of the unit.

Okay. We will contact you tomorrow.
Thanks

sounds good.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman