Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a kitchen aide double oven and the lower over

We have a kitchen...

We have a kitchen aide double oven and the lower over heating element does not work - actually has been like this for a while i have not been diligent about getting it fixed. fan and lights work but no heat unit was installed in 2001

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Superba - model # KEBC208KSS0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

S/N XL3604844 If I can that would be great -dont have to. I am handy but not an expert

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of -any suggestions for repair?

2/26/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Very likely that it is just a bad heating element .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I do not have one

ok so if you have no way of testing for voltage I can only recommend that you replace the element and go from there .

now the unit has two heating elements is it the upper Broil element or the lower Hidden Bake element on the lower oven that is not heating?

Neither works on the lower oven. I may just need to call a local repair service I assume.

ok good info.

If neither Bake nor Broil are heating but the control looks as if the oven is on and heating you most likely have a failed thermal cut off in the rear exterior of the oven if it gets too hot and opens it will kill voltage to both heating elements.

It isds easy to replace but the entire oven assembly has to be pulled out of the kitchen cabinets to gain access to the thermostat .

Do you feel this is something you could do ?

Probably yes. Do i just need to buy the part - figure there is a you tube video I could watch as well.

ok here is a link to the part.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

let me see if I can find you a video in replacing it .

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

ok this video is on a single oven and yours is a double but the part is in the same location on the rear of the lower oven .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXSayIhfUZg

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Ok thanks -so there is a thermal fuse for the upper and lower? the lower one needs replacing is the most likely issue correct?

yes both oven have their own thermal .

Yes most likely your issue.

Thx - i see several advertisements for trial memberships - I am not interested in that and want to be sure I am not committing to anything here other than this one communication - correct?Thanks for your help.

that is all done thru the website that we are using I only see your questions and no personal or billing info .

Thx for the help

any time.

Master Tech