Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung fridge model rf197acrs fan in fridge section is

making a noise. I can...
samsung fridge model rf197acrs fan in fridge section is making a noise. I can see frost on the back panel. I am unplugging the fridge for a day to let it thaw out. what should be my next step to find out what caused it.
Answered in 5 days by:
2/28/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I would still like an answer. The problem still exist
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I apologize about the delay, not sure what happened but I can certainly help you with this refrigerator.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

Now if you remove this panel and the drain is not clogged but you find the silver coils completely packed with frost, you actually have a defrost issue and you'll need to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer and likely replace the defrost temperature sensor clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils. Below is a link to the sensor.

CLICK HERE for defrost sensor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

thanks

No problem at all.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc