Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We got the new part and installed it. It was quiet for a…

Kelly. We got the new...
Kelly. We got the new part and installed it. It was quiet for a while but now has started beeping again. Can you call again as you said to do. Yes gg(###) ###-####
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
We still haven’t heard from Kelly.
2/23/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Sorry for the delay, I did not work yesterday. It has to be a control issue if there are still no error codes. What exactly is it doing now, still beeping with no error codes and no change on the display?

It started beeping ag after 3 hrs after installationyesterday. . Today I pressed kitchen timer and held it down for 2 or 3 minutes. It stopped. This was at 1 pm. It is still not beeping. If it is control, why is it still acting up with the new installation? We surely missed you yesterday.

Thank you. If you attempt to program the kitchen timer, will it program and time out okay?

Do we have to pay $24. Again to talk to you?

Do not request a call on this question. I posted back on your original question.

If you attempt to program the kitchen timer, will it program and time out okay?

It won’t do anything now...the oven won’t come on..my husband thinks the ribbon wire is in wrong and he will do that tomorrow. Will you be at work tomorrow or do we have to wait until Monday.?

I plan to be here all day tomorrow, so provided my body cooperates, we should be good to go! :)

Thank you..there is something wrong with it. I hope it doesn’t have a short in it. Have a good night.

It sure sounds like there is a control issue still. Keep me posted, good night.

Kelly, we are so frustrated with this stove. He redid the ribbon wire...everything works but the start button. Bake will come on...broil etc but you can’t start...help.
Now nothing works.....he is so upset with it.
Kelly, I hope you are there today. I’ve sent you 2 messages.

I am here, sorry for the delay. It sounds like the control or the touch panel is having trouble. If it is totally inoperable now, it is more likely to the the control you just replaced.

It’s the ribbon wire and connection. If I just lightly push the wire in everything works except start. When I put the flat wire keeper in nothing works it appears that the flat wire gets out of place. Maybe the wrong wire connector

Hmm, does the end of the ribbon look damaged at all? You can clean the contacts with a pencil eraser by gently rubbing over them.

I will try but I the contacts are very small and have to line up just right to make contact.

Yes, but the little cable lock should align it. Are you certain the cable lock is in place? Can you look on the old control to see if maybe it is not on the new one? Posting a picture may help, too.

Ok. Found a difference the old one has “U” type slot for the flat wire the new one has a single row that the wire is held onto the contacts by the keeper

So the issue is likely with that connector. Can you post a picture?

The new one is missing the little lock that keeps the ribbon in place and locked down securely.

The connector for the flat wire are different and that’s the problem. The old one is GE the new one is Sanyo. We need a GE one

There is a part of the new connector that is missing. I will see if I can find a picture.

I have the lock piece. It’s the design of the connector. U verses single Rowe if pins

Oh, okay, so that has to be in place to keep the ribbon tight.

Both old and new had a keeper it’s the way the U connector holds the wire tight on both sides where the new one only touches the wire on one side.

Well, there are only contacts on one side of the ribbon.

The U hold the contacts tight to the connector The keeper makes sure the wires don’t pull out of the connector. We need a module with a U connector

So it looks like you will need a new control.

one with a U connector for the flat wire

I would call Repair Clinic and have them inspect the new control before shipping.

Is that the place where we got the replacement

That is where I linked you to if you bought it from the link I sent you.

Ok we will call them on Monday

Sounds good, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician