Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker sends water into the freezer. side by side

My ice maker sends...

My ice maker sends water into the freezer. side by side model ED5YHGX

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Yes the temp in the freezer is OK but the flow of water to make ice seem blocked. ED5YHGXLT00 SM4236356 whirlpool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am uncertain.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is this fixable

2/20/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What exactly are you seeing? Is your refrigerator still making ice? etc...

The arm is up we did this to turn off process to keep water from going around freezer

OK got it. So if the fill tube behind the icemaker is freezing, you'll need to unscrew the icemaker from the left side wall and then unplug the wire harness to remove the icemaker. Use a hair dryer and thaw out the fill tube coming in from the back wall that supplies the icemaker with water. Once it's thawed, re-assemble everything and lower the arm. If it starts leaking again, check to see if the fill tube froze again. If the fill tube froze again, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve below the refrigerator because the water is coming in too slow or it's not shutting the water off completely. If the fill tube is not frozen but the icemaker is leaking, the icemaker will need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I am not at this time able to work with unit.