Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool dryer is squeaking and shuts off constantly after…

Whirlpool dryer is squeaking...

Whirlpool dryer is squeaking and shuts off constantly after one cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GE Profile about 6 years old DPVH890EJWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Online tutorials say its probably the pulley that needs replaced and possibly cycle thermostat?

2/20/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

When it shuts off, will it start right back up?

bit then clicks off within a minute
I have checked for lint buildup and obstructions to the vent already

Does it do the same thing in a Timed DRy setting or just in Auto Dry cycles?

Same in both cycles. It will usually run one load fine. Then won't continue without shutting off constantly for hours after the first cycle.

How long will it run after it shuts off and you restart it?

about 30 seconds
maybe closer to 10 seconds

Ah, okay, thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Do both motors shut off, the drive motor and the blower motor?

I don't know. It beeps and turns off.

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you email the info or should it be in this thread?

I posted it here but it is not showing now??? I will send it again, it will take just a few minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

The main control will need to be replaced. It is mounted just under the top above the drum. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician