Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dishwasher does not completely drain when wash cycle is…

Our dishwasher does not...

Our dishwasher does not completely drain when wash cycle is finished. There is about one inch of water remaining at bottom at door opening

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kitchenaid W10579094A

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We have Columbine Appliance schedule for this Wednesday, but if we can do it ourselves we will try.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We tried holding one minute , that is all. We have not resumed the last cycle.

2/20/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. How is the drain hose connected to the home's plumbing?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is on the tub once the door is opened.
W10579094A. Hose from dish washer to drain under sink which is adjacent

The model number will look like KUDC24ABC01

Is the drain connected directly to the drain li9ne under the sink or go through an air gap on the counter or into a disposal?

Looks like it goes directly out to drain. Does KD TE104DSSO work for model #?

Yes, perfect! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

This model has a fine filter in the bottom of the tub, see number 8 at the link below. Is that filter and the area under and around it clean?

CLICK HERE

We did take it out and it looked cleam

Okay, so the issue is likely at the drain connection or in the drain hose. Can you remove the hose from the sink's connection and see if it is clear?

Will try and do it after dinner. Need to eat it now. Will let u know how we do later. Thanks for help so far

Sounds good, keep me posted! I suspect the issue is with that drain connection or the hose that wraps up around the left side of the tub.

Kelly, Appliance Technician