Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore upright freezer that just recently had a…

I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore upright freezer that just recently had a huge frost inside. Everything is covered with a huge snow like frost and you don't hear the door suction going closed either

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #25321201102 16 years maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Items on the door are thawing out

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!
the frost indicates that the door is not sealing properly and that warm moist air is getting into the unit.

If you look at the rubber door gasket with the door closed is it sealing all the way around the door ?

It appears to be sealing as it always has
If the door had been open a bit and caused this and is now closed will it clear up the frost?

no for it to clear up you will have to turn the unit off and defrost all of the frost the best you can ,due to this is a manual defrost unit.

Could the door being open for a short while have caused this?

oh yes anytime the door is opened that is allowing warm moist air into the unit .

Even something holding the door open even 1/8 of an inch will cause the unit to frost up like this . or putting warm food in it will also do this .

Ok, I’ll defrost and try it again

ok Great !

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech