Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My maytag MFI2569VEB3 pisplay panel wont light up after

power outage the light in...
My maytag MFI2569VEB3 pisplay panel wont light up after power outage the light in the fridg is on so we know we have power and if i touch any button on panel the panel lights up untill i let go?
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

You have a board in the back called the HV board. This part will need to be replaced. It wears out and no longer sufficiently filters the power supply and caused the display to blink, sometimes creates a clicking sound, and sometimes causes the ice door to open and shut. It can also affect the refrigerator’s ability to dispense ice. It needs to be ordered by model and serial number. I would not order it online. I would get it from a local appliance parts supplier. It is the best way make sure you get the right part. It will typically cost between $175 - $275. If you bring your old part to the part store, you will usually get a $60 credit. You can try to reset the issue by unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes but that rarely resets the issue. Otherwise, It is the board in the back to the left when facing the back. It is behind a metal cover and then behind a clear plastic cover. Please note that this board needs to be programmed after you install it. Instructions to do so are in the box. Here is a video that will get you to the board - the model of the refrigerator may be slightly different, but the method of getting to the board is the the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoLQdcFv1Y

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Thank you that is what a suspected its to bad it has to cost me 37 bucks to ask a question

Sorry, Experts only answer questions as we are just users of the website just like customers. I don't get paid for my answers unless I get a positive rating.

Sorry dont meen to sound like a jerk it just frustrating i do thank you for the infomation hope i can get the part fast

It should be available locally. I can give you a part number and a link to RepairClinic if you want - they have a 365 day warranty on parts.

Here is the part number I found on the Whirlpool website: WPW10312695

Here is a link to it at Repair Clinic: https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/WPW10312695/1876388

Yes, I'm sure it is aggravating - not having a refrigerator and needing to make a quick decision.

Is it the same part for a mayteg and awirlpool?

Yes

Your Maytag is made by Whirlpool

Great thanks i will try to get it now

You're welcome. Please complete my rating. Thanks!

Went and picked up a new board and replaced it but got no instructions on how to reprogram. Can you help?

Ok. That's unfortunate. Let me see if I can dig up programming instructions for you.

Ok, try the following:

NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code. 1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad. 2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad within 3 seconds. 3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds. 4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode. 5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad once more. 6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate. NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds. 7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature UP /+ Keypad or Refrigerator Temperature DOWN /- Keypad to change the digit value with each key press. 8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature UP /+ Keypad to select the next digit. 9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved. NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated. The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.

Thank you!
Thank you again that was fun trying to do bymyself my tablet kept going blank on me in mid set had to restart several times. You were a great help. Have a great day.

You're welcome! I trust that you will now rate me so that I can get credited for my time? Thanks!

Sorry i thought my reply was a posative rating earlier. I will defenetly give you a posative rating!

It is the 5 stars on the top right of the screen.

Engineer-Tech