Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE washer Model GTW330ASK. I just replaced the circut board…

GE washer Model GTW330ASK...

GE washer Model GTW330ASK. I just replaced the circut board and programed according to the enclosed directions. Washer fills and agitates, but then shuts off early in the wash cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GTW330ASK OWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Washer will not complete cycle. Simply turns itself off early in the agitation wash cycle.

2/18/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Does the door lock?

Lid locks in the drain and spin at the end of the cycle. The spin lasts only briefly as does the initial agitation.

ok ​so it does agitate but does not spin.

It agitates, after the water fill, only for 10 seconds, then the machine shuts off. If I manually advance the selection knob to drain and spin to remove the water in the tub, the pump will vacate the water and t he spin will start, but only last for five to ten seconds, then the machine shuts off. During the drain and spin, the lid locks and the lid lock light comes on.
I replaced the main circuit board and programed it according to the instructions which were enclosed.
Main circuit board is brand new.
No, I did not check the capacitor.

ok its going to need to be tested and its located right behind the control panel as well

I have removed it and have it in my hand. It is a 60 miCRO fard +/- 5%. My meter will not check capacitors.
Guess I will have to order a new one.

from the sounds of the issue the only things that make sense is the control board or capacitor.

S​ince the control board is new the capacitor is the only other logical explanation.

I have ordered the capacitor. I am awaiting it's arrival. After the capacitor's installation, I will be able to determine whether the washer is operational. Then, I will be able to score your diagnosis. I ordered the exact replacement on Amazon. The part should arrive in a few days. I will be in touch. It is premature to offer feedback at this time.

sorry if the site is sending you a request for rating. They just want to make sure the thread gets closed out and rated once its done.

Ok. I installed a new circuit board, a new GE capacitor, checked the programing a third time on the circuit board, and selected the normal wash selection with the lowest fill level for a test. The washer fills, but the agitation only lasts for 5 seconds, then the machine turns off. No lights on the panel. Need your help. Thanks.

t​he only thing that makes sense at this point is that something is wrong with the new control board. There is nothing else that would cause this issue to happen.

I will return the defective circuit board and install the replacement, after which, I will respond with the results. Thanks.

keep me posted.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman