Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

E1F9 is the code I am getting on my whirlpool washing

Customer Question
E1F9 is the code...

E1F9 is the code I am getting on my whirlpool washing machine--it stopped. what can I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's the stacked Duet and is about 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Now it is just making a noise and has flashing door locked and green light is on

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes or we can have someone come.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The F9E1 code means the washer was not able to drain out the water or the pressure switch is stuck in the full position. The noise you hear is the drain pump. It will run for up to 12 minutes and if the washer is draining slowly it may unlock. If not the pump needs to be checked and cleaned. Without a model number I can't give access steps. Some have a removable base panel and other the entire front. Let me know what it does after it runs the pump for 12 minutes.

Hi Dave: I think I need to call a technician. Do you have the number for whirlpool technician? After the 12 minutes the door opened and the clothes were soaked but clean--I was able to ring the water out and put clothes in dryer.
I think I need full maintenance on my machine.

The best number to call is the Whirlpool 800 number so they can schedual with the people in your zip code. Call 1-***-***-****. If they can't help you let me know your zipcode and I will give you the local people to call.

please send me the phone number of whirlpool appliance service person in the Marin County, CA ( 415) area.

Sure, you can call ELECTRIC EXPRESS FACTORY SERVICE,(###) ###-####or SCOTTS APPLIANCE REPAIR,(###) ###-#### Both are authorized for Whirlpool repairs.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago

Have you made contact with the service company? Do you still need help from me? If not, don't forget to rate me. Dave

Do you still need help?