Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have no heat on a Kenmore Elite he4 electric dryer

Customer Question
I have no heat...

I have no heat on a Kenmore Elite he4 electric dryer model#110.95962401

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What would be the cause

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
2/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Kenmore dryer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

The first thing you should check is that the dryer is getting 240 volts at the terminal block in the back. After that - By far the most common reason for this is a bad heating element. The part number is(###) ###-#### It is accessible on the right front of the dryer after pulling the lower front panel off - by removing the screws on the bottom that hold it on. It should read less than 40 ohms on an ohmmeter. Here is a link to the element on Amazon.com: http://a.co/aOZj1qA

The second most common reason would be the thermal cutoffs. They are on the same enclosure that the heating element is in. The part number for the thermal cutoff kit is 279769. The two cutoffs should read less than 5 ohms on an ohmmeter. Here is a link to the part on Amazon.com: http://a.co/9GqWGH3

Here is a video that shows how to replace the element and this video will get you right to where the cutoffs are on the housing if they are bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCYHypbqFhg

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Please note that your Kenmore dryer is made by WHIRLPOOL.