Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I believe my actuator is faulty on my Maytag Bravos X

Customer Question
I believe my actuator...

I believe my actuator is faulty on my Maytag Bravos X washing machine. Sometimes it will work, but will not spin and drain. It will also just hum sometimes. The display will show time on it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 yrs. MVWX700XW2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When it acts up, I will unplug it, wait a few minutes and plug it back in. It will hum, and display usually 10 mins. After it washes a load, it will not automatically drain and spin. When we change it to drain and spin, that's when it starts acting up. Takes several attempts to finally spin, but n

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
2/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

F​rom everything you are describing it most certainly does sound like the actuator is in fact the culprit. This link also has a video on how to replace this part.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Shift-Actuator/WPW10006355/1719787​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

I noticed your question was open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were needing anything further?

New actuators arriving today. Will follow up as soon as I install it. Thanks for your help.

I hope everything has went well?

Replaced actuator, still having same issue

rea​lly I thought for sure that was the problem lets try putting the unit into diagnostics to see whats going on

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a50803fb530/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10468342%20-%20Rev%20C.pdf​