Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am have a similar problem with my Samsung Dishwasher. It…

I am have a...

I am have a similar problem with my Samsung Dishwasher. It is a model #DW80F600UTS/AA. It shows no error code, but runs on wash, then drains,then washes again. It will keep running over and over again and never go to the next stage. I have already replaced the turbidity sensor with a new one. What should I look for next?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure how old, but model is in the prior paragraph

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Looking for the next thing to try and replace

2/6/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thanks

No problem. It sounds like you understand your washer thinks the water isn't clear which is why it keeps repeating the cycle over and over. Now you replaced the turbidity sensor which is the first step and that didn't fix the issue. Unfortuantely that means the only thing left is the main control board mounted behind the kick panel below your dishwasher. Below is a link to the control board for the model number you provided and unfortuantely it's about $110 if you wanted to replace it.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I don’t understand what is going on here. I already paid $28. Why is PayPal asking for another $24? I just needed the answer to this one problem. I hope I am not being billed $28 per month

Please ignore the $24, that's a phone option that the site sends automatically. I didn't send that. You're not signed up for a subscription either, just this one question. Here is what I wrote again.

QUOTE:

CLICK HERE for control board

Hi Tyler, got the new board in yesterday. No problem installing, but I have the same problem. What now?
I have not heard from anyone.
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you open the door mid cycle, is the water hot and steamy?

Hmm, that is pretty odd. So to clarify, it fills and drains repeatedly? How long does it wash for before it drains?

I havn’t timed it, but at least 10 minutes. I need to go back to work now. I may not be able to answer you till tonight.

No worries, thank you. I will post and you can reply anytime.

Hi Kelly, I ordered the part and I don’t think it is the right one. I can’t find it anywhere on my machine. I think it may be the one that has 2 screws that hold the thermistor in. I have the unit out and have both side panels and bottom off.

See that page I attached. Does yours have the metal thermistor, the earlier sensor used?

Okay, so it will not have that plastic sensor. The model lookup I used did not show the serial breaker (see the Version 01 on that service manual page). I will get you the correct part number. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Thanks Kelly, I’ve ordered it and sent back the wrong one.
I am sorry for the misinformation, I have marked it for future reference.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi Kelly, I just replaced the temperature sensor and still have the same problem. Dishwasher runs, drains, and then fills and runs again, never going to the next cycle. Seems like it’s running the proper times. I have replaced the turbidity sensor, main board, and now the temperature sensor. Any ideas on what to do now? Thanks

Hmm, I don't understand what is happening with it since it is running for more than just a few minutes. If it was a fill error it would not run that long. The control that you replaced, was it brand new and no issues installing it. Also, no issue in the harness between the sensors and the control that you could see?

The control was new and it was easy to install. I had double checked the turbidity sensor also, since I had the unit out, just to see if it looked clean. I'm at a loss. Maybe the new tubitity sensor is bad. Is there any way to check it. I would think the board is good, since it controls many things and I would think it be unlikely that the same problem would show up. I could be wrong.

It could be the turbidity sensor, yes. There really are only three things that would cause the issue you are having, and you replaced them all. There is no way to test the turbidity sensor, unfortunately. I do think it would be prudent to request a replacement part, though.