Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to figure out what is wrong with my microwave. I

Hello, trying to figure...

Hello, trying to figure out what is wrong with my microwave. I think it may be the thermal fuse, but can't figure out how to remove the control panel to test it

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is less than 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

GE profile advantium....model PSB9120SF2SS

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes trying to DIY

2/6/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

What exactly is the microwave doing?

It is not working at all....no power to the faceplate

Did it go dark while cooking or did you just find it that way?

Went dark while cooking...was cooking for maybe 2 minutes

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The oven has to be pulled out to remove the outer cabinet, number 25 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Once that cover is removed, the cavity thermostat is number 1430 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Of course, power should be off. The thermostat may be tested for continuity. If found to be open, it is part number WB21X10149.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Okay, may take me another day to do this...will circle back

Sure, no worries. You may post back anytime, there is no time limit or expiration. The easiest way back is to follow a link from your email.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician