Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung Electric dryer that when I Program it and…

Customer Question
Hi I have a Samsung...
Hi I have a Samsung Electric dryer that when I Program it and press the start button it doesn’t start all that happens is the first two icons on the second row down flash, the shirt and the arrow, and then it turns off.It’s model # is DV48H7400E
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
2/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

1. When you start it, do you hear a click from the control area, even though it does not start?
  2. Does the time display count down at all before it shuts off?
I just stepped out of the house to pick up some eggs. Give me 10 minutes and I’ll be back home.

Sure, no worries. Post back when you can....

No click and no count down
Wait. It does count down

This is a common problem but one that is easily corrected. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Sure

The thermal fuse has opened and will need to be replaced. This will require complete disassembly to access and replace.

If you are able to perform disassembly, please let me know and I can get you exact information.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Cool! I feel confident enough to tackle this task. But I will need to pick it up in the morning as I have a meeting to attend to. Can we do that?

Sure, I will send you all the information you need for you to view at your leisure!

Perfect. Thank you!

The complete service manual may be downloaded below!

CLICK HERE

Hi Kelly, looks like it will take a little while. I’ll let yo know how it goes when I finish. Which is looking like I won’t get to it till Monday.

Thank you.