Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Neptune front load washer doesnt drain all the…

Customer Question
My Maytag Neptune front...

My Maytag Neptune front load washer doesnt drain all the water out. When I turn the drum by hand it makes a sloshing sound.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I dont know how old it is but the model is MAH5500BWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
2/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

The washer is drained by time only , if the drain line or drain pump is restricted it will not drain all the water out in the time allotted.

Have you taken the hoses off the pum and looked at the hoses and the pump yet?

No.
No thank you.

by the No Thank you ! If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

OK.

ok so let`s remove the rear washer panel so that you can gain access to the drain pump and remove the hoses and look in the hoses and in the drain pump itself .

the hoses are hard to get at. if I pull one off will water go every where?

if you have standing water in the washer yes you will get water , you can try to drain as much out as possible by starting a drain and spin cycle . but even then you will get a small amount of water .

ok

just look in the pump it will have little impeller fins and if they are work or broken the pump will not pump the proper volume of water .

I'll call a repair man.
John, Home Appliance Technician