Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool fridge that is not getting cold anymore.

Whats wrong and how do...
I have a whirlpool fridge that is not getting cold anymore. Whats wrong and how do I fix? Model number WRX988SIBM01
2/6/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

If you open the freezer door look on the rear interior wall panel do you see any frost or ice ,and is the freezer fan running at this time?

fan is blowing in the freezer but there is no frost or ice on the interior panel

is it even cool in the freezer section ?

And can you pull the unit out away from the wall to be able to get behind it ?

Freezer is at 20 degrees. Yes I pulled out the unit

ok so if the freezer is at a temperature of 20 degrees then the unit is cooling .

What if anything do you have in the freezer section?

Nothing
Its plugged in in my garage and its 15 degrees out. If that has anything to do with the freezer at 20 degrees

yes once the exterior of the refrigerator drops below 32 degrees the unit will not cool properly the unit will come on but not run long enough to cool any colder. normal for a refrigerator in a garagem in a cold environment.

And with this unit being all electronically controlled you can not even add a heater to the thermostat like you can the older mechanical thermostat models.

do you have anymore questions for me today ?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech