Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Maxima XL Front load washer. I just replaced…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Maxima XL Front load washer. I just replaced the control boards and the machine appears to run fine. It looks like it goes through all the cycles, it drains properly and the clothes seem to be clean. The problem is that the timer starts out fine then it appears to reset (or actually the time increases) and then it starts to work normally (time decreases). Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 years old MHW7000AW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
2/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

hello

I am sorry I am not sure what happened to my repsonses to you. Does the unit add a lot of time or just some minutes when washing then complete fine? If so that is normal as the time is only an estimated time for the cycle and will change acoording the to the inputs from the motor control to the main control board.

The washing machine doesn't add "a lot' of time. For example, it will start at 59 minutes then go to 103 minutes then will seem to run normally. It never did that before and I am not sure why it would increase if I run a very light load.
Follow up question, could I have installed the boards incorrectly?
The washing machine doesn't add "a lot' of time. For example, it will start at 59 minutes then go to 103 minutes then will seem to run normally. It never did that before and I am not sure why it would increase if I run a very light load. Could I have installed the boards incorrectly?