Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a used whirlpool fridge. I plugged it in for a

couple days and its blowing...
I bought a used whirlpool fridge. I plugged it in for a couple days and its blowing air but not getting cold. Whats wrong and how do I fix it? Model number WRT314TFDW00
1/30/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

are you getting any cooling at all in the freezer section?

And is the fan in the freezer running?

fan is blowing and no cooling at all

Ok can you get behind the unit and remove the lower inspection cover and let me know if the Condenser fan is running and if the black domed Compressor is running or not ?

Its a smaller fridge no fan and the compressor is in the back lower center. It's vibrating slightly and room temp maybe slighty warm, definitely not hot

Ok so this unit has a static condenser coil up the rear exterior of the unit .

And if the compressor is running but the unit is not cooling , then you have an issue with the units sealed refrigeration system.

Either the compressor is running but not pumping refrigerant or the system has a refrigerant leak

which means either way you would need a EPA certified repair person to work on the unit and it could cost you anywhere from $500 to as much as $800 in parts and labor.

Do you know how old the unit is ?

Fairly new

is it less then 1 year old do you think?

08/2015

ok so it is out of the warranty period with means your either going to need to have it looked at by a certified repair person or purchase another one .

Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech