Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washing machine Model # MVWB700BWO…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Bravos XL washing machine Model # MVWB700BWO and it leaves white streaks & blotches on my dark coloured laundry. I have cleaned my washer with Affresh and use HE detergent, also I usually choose the extra rinse cycle for my dark colors but still have marks. What could be causing this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was new in 2015. It is a Bravos XL Top Loading high efficiency low-water washer, model MVWB700BWO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Live in the country with well water & a water softner

1/23/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is a common issue with a lot of the new HE machines, many times its caused by using too much detergent, you should only be using one tablespoon per load at most, so try that and also trying turning the dark clothing you are having the issues with inside out and continue to use the extra rinse cycle, and that should make a difference.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, I was using more soap than that so I will try & see. Thanks

You are welcome, ya that is normally what causes that so you should be fine now. Thank you for the rating!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Joel
Just did a load of dark coloured clothes and used
Only 1 tablespoon of detergent but it made no difference clothes are still splotches. Any other ideas?

Maybe you should try a different detergent and see if that makes any difference, if not you may want to have a tech come out and check the unit for issues during the cycles, sounds like it may not be rinsing properly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Already tried several kinds of detergent. Nothing else we could check on our own?

Not really there is probably build up on the inner tub from overtime because of using too much detergent and now the build up is in the tub which you can't see because of the basket, but A tech will likley have to remove the basket and clean out the inner tub real good.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson