Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Over the range microwave model rvm6150dh1ww tripping 20 amp…

Over the range microwave...

Over the range microwave model rvm6150dh1ww tripping 20 amp circuit breaker as soon as turned on light and display come on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hot point 2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly or just seeing if it is worth fixing, capacitor maybe?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

About all I know, outlet works fine with other appliances

1/23/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............can you tell me what other devices are on this circuit? ..........if it is on a GFCI also?.......and what gauge wire was used?

Dedicated circuit 20 Amp breaker 12-2 wire. Plugged in different outlet did same thing on a different breaker
Sounded like it could be the capacitor
It is not on a gfi

well those are all correct .......so it is either a capacitor or a defective circuit board ...............how old isi it and do you think you still have a warranty on it ?

It is not on gfi and it is 2 years old and off warranty
Thank you

okay I am going to opt out and one of my colleagues a direct appliance expert will pick it up .........I just wanted to troubleshoot the peripheral current ........please don't rate anything because it will only confuse and slow matters down..............good luck

Thanks
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The main board will have to be replaced in the unit that is the issue but the model number you gave is not a good model number, so if you could double check that and give me the correct model number I will be glad to give you the replacement board number, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Model# ***** 5160 dh1ww

Main Board

Part #: WB27X11215 - click here for part info at sears

The video below will give you a good idea how to access and replace the board - click here for video

considering the cost of the board I would consider just replacing the unit, as it may not just be the control board causing the issue, if the transformer blew it could have also shorted the board so it may be more than just the board.

Thanks for advice

You are welcome, thank you for the rating and for using JA!