Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator control alarm has detected high temperature.

My refrigerator control alarm...

My refrigerator control alarm has detected high temperature

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Frigidaire Professional Series FPHN2899LF7

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does 5Y mean on the control panel where the temperature should be for the frog and EF where the freezer temp should be?

1/23/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

SY EF means that the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer behind the lower back panel isn't running properly. You can take everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel. Look at the fan above the silver evaporator coils. If there is any ice or frost built up around the fan, use a hair dryer and thaw all the ice/frost out. If that all checks good, replace the fan motor. Below is a link to the motor you'd need to order for your motor.

CLICK HERE for evaporator fan motor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc