Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My fridge is not maintaining temperature. It is a Wirlpool…

My fridge is not...

My fridge is not maintaining temperature.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a Wirlpool two door and about 19 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can if not I would need an estimate and some one to look at it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have had issues with the icemaker. it would ice up or ice cubes would cause a chunk inthebin

1/23/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

The fan is not running and the compressor is warm

OK then you may have a cold control issue, if neither are running either the unit is in defrost or the temperature control is not working. If it is in defrost it will come back on soon. If it does see if the compressor and fan come on and let me know what the temps are in the unit.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Phone call session started
ok will do. Still waiting to see if unit turns on again.

ok

The fridge still hasnt turned on

OK then you need to likely replace the cold control on the unit, I would need the model to get you a part link

Hello, fridge didnt turn on before i went to bed. stufff is cold but never heard back or received a phone call from a tech. please refund my 5.00 good faith and 24.00 phone charge thank you David Strauss
make that refund $23.00, $24.00 and $5.00 for a total of $52.00. Thank you
ED25POXFW01
Where do i get one and how much
Please just refund my $53.00 on my card. Thank you David Strauss