Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker quit on my 2 tr old kitchen aid ref.

ice maker quit on...

ice maker quit on my 2 tr old kitchen aid ref

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Modelkrfc302ess00 aprox 26 months of use put in new 12 2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Will try if simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Seems like no water getting to it but nothing has been cut off just changed filter

1/23/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you pop the front of the icemaker off you will see the gear and holes around the gear marked L,V,T,H using a jumper wire with stripped ends put the jumper wire in the L and V holes and you may have to hold the door switch down, but that should activate the fill valve. If the unit starts to fill remove the jumper as it will overflow. If it does not fill check the fill valve to the icemaker to see if it is iced over. If it is you would need to defrost it and likely replace the fill valve as it would be lekaing causing the fill tube to ice up. Check that out and see and get back to me if you need more help.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician