Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Neptune gas dryer model # MDG5500AWQ /

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Maytag Neptune gas dryer model # MDG5500AWQ / Serial #62613190CT (Bisque in color if I need the control panel). The control panel is lit up & the start light is flashing but when touching any of the keys nothing happens. Have tried unplugging several times but it is still doing the same thing. I removed the control panel & found the Diagnostics chart but I cannot get the unit to go into Service Mode to do any system checks or retrieve codes. I am assuming that it is either the 15 Key control panel or the circuit board but I do not want to guess. Just for the heck of it I did pull the front cover off to test the thermal fuse with an ohm-meter & it did pass.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

15 Years old, Maytag Neptune gas dryer.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I'm fully capable of doing the repairs. I'm just flustered that the unit will not go into diagnostics mode.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My first paragraph has most of the story.

1/23/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So you're definitely on the right track. Unfortunately your touch control panel has just failed and it's about $200. There is no way to test between the touchpad and display board but the part number you need to order is 33002537. You can order the part from Searspartsdirect.com if you wanted.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks Tyler,
I just received the touch control panel today and thankfully it took care of the issue!
Thanks again!
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc